Monday 26 January 2009

Going Dutch

It's been a few years since I was last in Holland. So, with Fred living out there for a couple of months I decided to pay a visit there.

We were in the nearest place that Holland has to a beach, just outside The Hague. It was nice to be on the coast, but boy does that wind from the North Sea bite !

Anyway, we managed to hire bikes while we were out there. Riding a High Nelly is so much fun. There's something quite refreshing about being on a bike in all your civvies, including town shoes - sitting bolt upright, pootling long with a little backward pedalling to slow you down when necessary. Maybe I took the ride abit too leisurely as I recall being passed by lots of people along the dune road - including a woman who can't have been any younger than 60 years of age - she zoomed along and made me feel like I was standing still.

We then went on a short trip to Amsterdam, where we saw more interesting bikey sights Dutch style.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to the cyclo cross worlds on the weekend?

2Wheel Chick said...

No, I can't make it this weekend unfortunately. Shame, as it's not that far away.
Will you be going?