Tuesday 8 September 2009

Yorks - Cumbria - Lancs Tour


View Leeds - Dales - Cumbria - Lancs in a larger map

This is a rough route of the tour I did on the Spring Bank Holiday in late May. I started in Leeds, headed into the Yorkshire Dales, went across to the Lake District and then headed back into Yorkshire via the Lancashire and the Forest of Bowland. The circuit is not quite complete as I ended my bike ride in Gargrave near Skipton. I then jumped on a train to Leeds, just so that I would be sure to get there in time for my connection back to King's Cross.

I also did the Richmond Five Dales Cyclosportive while on this trip. So it ended up being quite a big mileage weekend - 300 miles and around 3,500m of climbing. I didn't feel too bad feasting on scampy, chips and beer on the last day!

The highpoint was having dinner beside Lake Windermere on an unseasonably warm sunny day in that part of the country!

No comments: