Monday 17 September 2012

One Day One Photo - 14

Friday 14th September

Higg has finally succumbed and joined the masses by getting an I-phone. Good for him! I think he got a special deal with his mobile phone provider because the iphone 5 is being released very soon in the UK. He is now the proud owner of an iphone 4S. Actually, I take that back. He is not proud and he is quite an unsatisfied owner of an iphone 4S! The phone does not seem to do the things he'd gotten used to doing on his old Blackberry. It doesn't psynch with his home email account properly so he's constantly missing emails, the battery runs out so quickly, and while it's great that he has downloaded a number of useful apps he is reaching his data download limit in almost no time at all. And when he does receive emails, any attachments accompanying the messages aren't stored or saved in the intuitive way that he found with Blackberry.

Funnily enough, Higg used to moan alot about RIM's products too. But now he's forgiven them and longs for the old black keyboard. I had been tempted to take the plunge into the world of Apple, but based on what I've seen with Higg's experience I think I'll stick with BB. I must add though, that he is the first person I've met who doesn't like the iphone. Surely there must be others out there who have had the same irritating experience?

We just conclude that the iphone is a pleasant looking gadget with some nice toys added on. Everyone gets one because that's what in rather that's what does the job best. Talking of which, the Toon application on the camera of the iphone is fun to use. The photos that Higg has taken with it have come out well. It's a shame he couldn't receive any emails though!

No comments: